News & Updates
Apr 23Loretta Lynch Confirmed: Not By PA Senator Pat Toomey
Mr. Toomey has offered that "The Attorney General does not More...
My Dear Coalition Sisters:My heart continues to be heavy as I pen this letter to you. Our comm
Welcome to NC100BW - PA
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc.- Pennsylvania Chapter (NC100BW-PA) is a progressive advocacy and leadership forum for all Black women in the region. Through health, education, economic development, political awareness and other initiatives, NC100BW-PA Chapter has become a catalyst for positive change within communities throughout Pennsylvania.
NC100BW-PA proudly welcomes women who are `do-ers`. We accept new member applications during the spring of every odd year. For more information, check the Membership tab.
NEXT CHAPTER MEETING: May 20
You do not have to be a member to participate in the NC100BW - PA Chapter. All are welcome to visit our meetings (unless otherwise specified) and join in with our advocacy efforts. Click here to learn how you can get involved.
Stay connected with us on Facebook and Twitter!
Join the NC100BW-PA: Treasured Chests on May 10th, Mother’s Day, to walk in support of the 25th Celebration year of the Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure!
Click HERE to register and support us TODAY.
25 years ago, a few people came together to start the Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure with a vision of helping more women become aware of and talk about breast cancer. Over the next 25 years, these few grew in number…no longer just to focus on making people aware of breast cancer, but doing everything possible to help women SURVIVE it. Today, we are creating a new legacy in this fight – as part of the mission that will assure EVERY breast cancer patient emerges as a breast cancer SURVIVOR.
In January 2015, The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. – PA Chapter was honored as one of their Women Champions in the fight to end Breast Cancer. Let’s join together to continue the work we have done for over a decade to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Our Race team has already started to come together and is working toward being the most successful team in the 25th Celebration year of the Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure.
Register and join our team or make a donation TODAY -- the sooner you start, the sooner we all finish this fight!
NC100BW-PA Chapter Fast Facts
- Presented with the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. "Chapter of the Year Award, 2013-2015" among 63 chapters nationwide
- Honored and Presented with the "Women's Champion Award" by Susan G. Komen Philadelphia
- Presented with Citations for Community Leadership and Impact from Pennsylvania Senate, Pennsylvania Black Caucus, Philadelphia City Council
- Leveraged our resouces to successfully gain support for local legislation to increase women's participation on corporate boards
- Significantly influenced the defeat of proposed legislation (Act 18) that would adversely impact Pennsylvanians right to vote via partnerships with the PA Voters Rights Coalition and our "Get It, Got It, Vote" campaign throughout Philadelphia