News & Updates
My Dear Coalition Sisters:My heart continues to be heavy as I pen this letter to you. Our comm
Welcome to NC100BW - PA
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc.- Pennsylvania Chapter (NC100BW-PA) is a progressive advocacy and leadership forum for all Black women in the region. Through health, education, economic development, political awareness and other initiatives, NC100BW-PA Chapter has become a catalyst for positive change within communities throughout Pennsylvania.
NC100BW-PA proudly welcomes women who are `do-ers`. We accept new member applications during the spring of every odd year.
NEXT CHAPTER MEETING: February 18
You do not have to be a member to participate in the NC100BW - PA Chapter. All are welcome to visit our meetings (unless otherwise specified) and join in with our advocacy efforts. Click here to learn how you can get involved.
Stay connected with us on Facebook and Twitter!
Did you know that January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month? Want to learn more about ways you can help?
Join the NC100BW-PA at our January 27 Chapter Meeting at the Historic Belmont Mansion in Philadelphia, as we welcome guest speaker Sharon Hackney-Robinson, CEO of Me & The Girls Alternative Skin Care and Executive Director of Hope Heart & Beauty/Hope Bag Mission as our guest speaker to discuss Human Trafficking and our developing partnership with the Hope Bag Mission. This meeting will kick off our Hope Bag Mission Products Drive, please bring full size toiletry products to support.
PURCHASE your 29th Annual Madam CJ Walker Awards Luncheon today!
Join us Saturday, March 14 at 12:00 noon at the Hilton Philadelphia for an inspiring afternoon as we celebrate and highlight enterprising, pioneering, and trailblazing women!
NC100BW-PA Chapter Fast Facts
- Presented with the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. "Chapter of the Year Award, 2013-2015" among 63 chapters nationwide
- Honored and Presented with the "Women's Champion Award" by Susan G. Komen Philadelphia
- Presented with Citations for Community Leadership and Impact from Pennsylvania Senate, Pennsylvania Black Caucus, Philadelphia City Council
- Leveraged our resouces to successfully gain support for local legislation to increase women's participation on corporate boards
- Significantly influenced the defeat of proposed legislation (Act 18) that would adversely impact Pennsylvanians right to vote via partnerships with the PA Voters Rights Coalition and our "Get It, Got It, Vote" campaign throughout Philadelphia